Sunday, April 26, 2009

Slop Happy

.

Here's 3rd Ave. The only road in town that doesn't have a puddle....at least until you get to the Boys and Girls Club. Sometime during the first couple weeks of March, after the 11th blizzard in three weeks I prayed "Lord, please hurry up and send Spring. I promise I won't complain about the mess!".




Here is the lake by the Boys and Girls club.




It stretches all the way across the road.




And it is deep.




As you can see from the piles of snow we have just barely started melting. It is going to get so much worse before it gets better.....




...but I'm NOT complaining.




The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful....




...and I shan't complain.


.

8 comments:

Finnskimo said...

we finally busted out our rubber boots and found that the kids boots are ALL too small. DAMMIT. But mine fit, even if they are Camo I'm still wearing them. :) I saw seagulls too...spring is really REALLY here!

Cathy said...

Dangit. Yor lucky. I haven't seen a seagull yet. I'll be looking for them tomorrow....that is if I ever leave the office for the next tow days. My grant is due tuesday.

Ms. ~K said...

I like your attitude, mud and all!

Anonymous said...

e.e.cummings "In Just"

love that poem. and your puddles.

My computer temp right now, at 3:55, says it is an ungodly, and unseasonably, 87 degrees. But spring, real spring, with 60's and rain, returns for the rest of the week.
Thank God.

CD

Tracy said...

That looks like our roads after a good storm! LOL Minus all the snow behind it still melting... Ours can flood like that within minutes, but then once it stops and drains, we're good

Trish said...

I shant complain........

I shall go buy boots.........

all part of the adventure.

If you get out fishing this week can we tag along somehow. I'm afraid we might miss the window of opportunity........

Anonymous said...

Well at least with all the water, comes no more blizzards! Happy Floating!

Millsy said...

e.e. cummings is the answer for everything.
I'm developing a moat around my house. Funny thing is when I got home today, I was shocked to see a car had been buried under the snow for the last few months. I forgot it was there. The neighbors have been climbing over it to get to their unit. I wonder who's car it is...