Thursday, January 29, 2009

Night

Tonight it's clear and cold -25F. On my way home from work today I noticed that the sliver of moon had a really bright star next to it. Both were very bright in the sky and it was striking. Uyaana and I decided to take a ride with Kaija Dog in the truck up to cemetery hill and take a few pictures.

So we headed up the hill and in the process disturbed about 9 dope smoking teenagers stuffed in a black Nissan Rogue like a car full of clowns. Just call me Buzzkill Cathy.

We walked over to the edge of the hill and I stuck my camera on the tripod. I eye against the camera and my glasses kept fogging up. I could barely see. I was trying to manually focus my camera which is hard when your blind. I did manage to get a couple decent shots.


Photobucket
Here is the moon and the star, which I think is maybe Venus. It looked just like the Islamic flag.....



Photobucket
...kinda.



Photobucket
Here is a night shot of town.



Photobucket

.

11 comments:

Meandering Michael said...

It's venus. Very nice shot!

Anonymous said...

Just returned from Kotz and Kiana last week. It was wonderful and I'm glad I was able to experience the region in the winter. Here are a couple of links of my pictures while traveling.

http://bit.ly/EyJEZ - Kotz
http://bit.ly/L4Vf - Kiana

Finnskimo said...

Oooohhh, I love it!!!

You forgot to add that you were scared of the Naataqs!

Cathy said...

That's why I brought the dog. She is the Vanquisher of mice and naatuqs.

Anonymous said...

And what is a Naataqs?
D.

Arvay said...

Beautiful shot!

Anonymous said...

What, no pictures of the "9 dope smoking teenagers stuffed in a black Nissan Rogue like a car full of clowns"? I'm so disappointed! But the fantastic moon/star shot, and the b&w cross shot make up for it. They are great!
TRY to stay warm.

CD

Anonymous said...

Wow. All three pictures are some of the best you've ever taken. I don't know how much you spend on photography equipment, but it's all worth it. The pictures are absolutely gorgeous.

Cindy said...

Beautiful photos, but where's the pic of the doped up teenagers? I'm sure that their parents would be quite interested! Stay warm.

Buffy said...

Great photos, Buzzkill Cathy! You know what, I was looking at that same moon/Venus setup on the same night you were! Amazing when you think about it :)

Anonymous said...

is definately not the place for a vegetarian. Do you get the produce boxes through Full Circle Farms? Those are expensive as all heck but the quality is often much nicer, and it's organic if your into that kind of thing.