Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday 13- You Know Your Alaskan If.........

1. You have aluminum foil over your bedroom windows.

2. You can tell how cold it is outside by the frost on the inside walls

3. When you have fly 550 miles in a Boeing 737 just to go to Wal-Mart

4. If you refer to a trip to the “Lower 48” as going “Outside”.

5. If you cannot imagine life without duct tape.

6. If you consider a blue tarp as an essential survival item.

7. If you’ve ever been refused service because a company says it doesn’t “ship outside of the United States”.

8. When you use your frequent flier miles to go school shopping.

9. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes get filled with snow.

10. You know that the term "Break Up" has more to do with the weather than personal relationships.

11. You know that a honey bucket really is a bucket, but it's not really full of honey.

12. If you like spam on your Sailor Boy crackers.

13. you know what Sailor boy crackers are.

(Bonus) 14. The police report is all about dogs, bears, and drunks.

Thursday Thirteen

9 comments:

Sandee said...

I would love to visit Alaska in July or August, but that's as far as I would go. Very well done and I learned a lot about where you live. Have a great TT. :)

Anonymous said...

I heart this blog, usually laughing out loud while I do it.

Wonderful stuff.

Unknown said...

I want to visit but I don't think I could live there, a pen pal in Kodiak keeps me on my toes about life there.
Great list though, and a nice way to keep a sense of humor.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Frost on the walls, huh? Sounds like my last camping trip. Don't ask.

Smiler said...

Man, I'm sitting here in my Montreal apartment absolutely freezing with all the heating turned way up. I feel just a few degrees warmer after reading your entry. Thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

An aunt of mine took a cruise through Alaska, came home and told us she had been to God's country.
Love the one about not shipping outside of the United States.
Thanks for visiting mine.

Khon Lao said...

It's hard to imagine a place so cold, so dark, and so interesting. It's cold season where I live - and it's 80 degrees outside right now. Hard to believe we're on the same planet.

Becky said...

LOVED your list, lol!

Anonymous said...

#7 happens here in Hawaii, too. :-(