Monday, January 14, 2008

Rookie

Photobucket
I was out driving around yesterday looking for pictures to take when I happend to drive by Darin Nelson's dog yard.


Photobucket


Photobucket
He was out with the dogs and I decided to stop and take some photos.


Photobucket


Photobucket
For those of you who don't follow the Iditarod, Darin is training for his rookie run this March.


Photobucket
It will be a family affair. His father Louis Nelson Sr. is a veteran Iditarod musher at the age of 65. Darin's brother, Robert, will also be racing as a rookie this year.


Photobucket
Darin is one of 6 mushers from Kotzebue that have signed up for this year's Iditarod

Iditarod 2008

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICS! But then, how can you go wrong with that as a subject matter!
The second picture, and the second from last - the blonde one with the blue and black harness? She (or he) is my Anvik's twin, so I don't need to send you her picture! Thanks for posting these.

Anonymous said...

Only 46 days by the way... if you were counting! I am. And 25 til the Yukon Quest!!!!

Robyn Jones said...

Those are awesome pictures.....That one dog had some trippy eyes!

Becky said...

I LOVE the Iditarod! We have a college friend in Girdwood that usually keeps us up to speed with the Iditarod.

Do you freelance your photos on the side? Because you should if you don't! That would make a great human interest feature in a big city paper! I know I enjoyed seeing it here.

Good stuff, Cathy, as always!