After several days of not really knowing what was going on things seem to be moving along now. Last night they inserted the PICC line so no more IV's for me.
All fluids and antibiotic and whatnot can now be administered through the PICC. They will still have to stick me for Vancomycin levels but not for IV's or any other blood work.
The radiologist read my MRI and I do indeed have an abscess on my knee. They said that it looks like it may be caused by one of the "bio-absorbable" screws from my ACL surgery last September. Seems the screw may not have absorbed. So it probably got infected and I ended up with MRSA or whatever antibiotic resistant bacteria it was and it caused the cellulitis that overtook my lower calf. The cellulitis is slowly receding back towards the site of the growing abscess. Providence has consulted with my knee surgeon and he is going to come here and see me and decide what they want to do.
The good news is that from what they can see on the MRI the abscess does not seem to involve the joint or the bone. If it did that would be a very serious issue and I would probably be sitting in this hospital on IV antibiotics for several weeks. That would have been a bummer to say the least.
So I am now NPO and basically awaiting surgery at some point today to deal with the abscess. As far as I know I will be here at least a few more days.