Tuesday, July 14, 2009

And Now Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming...

.

Well, I'm home and I still have the same leg that I left with so that is bonus. The gaping hole in my knee is still painful. The hole is packed with gauze that has to be changed every other day until the wound slowly heals from the inside out. My foot and leg are still quite swollen, especially if I am up walking around. If I keep it elevated the swelling is not too bad. I have another two weeks of antibiotics to take orally.


After being cooped up for 10 days I was dying to take a ride down the beach so I did. I have to take it easy so it wasn't a long ride. It was enough to get a few photos and shake off the cabin fever.




The Iris are out.....and starting to go by already. This is what happens when you miss the whole first two weeks of July. In the arctic two weeks of summer is equal to 5 weeks somewhere else. I feel like I have been shortchanged.




It would have been better if this happened in January. But I suppose I shouldn't complain. I still have my leg, I still have my life, and there are still some iris left for me.




And there is still cottongrass. I love cottongrass. Someone left a comment a while back asking if it felt as fluffy as it looks. It does.

.

9 comments:

BuckeyePilot said...

Glad your up and about. Don't over do it!
D

Unknown said...

Kathy, So glad you are home and on the mend! I believe it was I who asked if the cottongrass is as fluffy as it looks. Thanks for the answer! It sure looks like something I would want to play with. lol Take good care of that leg!

Unknown said...

Welcome home Cathy. It's good to have you back and I'm sure your buddy won't mind leaving her three dogs and cat to come over and visit, give her a call.

Krystal said...

Happy your home! Being home is always better than the hospital.

Amy said...

I saw some cottongrass on a hike yesterday and wasn't sure what it was. So pretty as well as fluffy! So glad your home! Take it easy!

AussieAlaskan said...

Glad you are back home. Just saw the iris and your summer comments - I'm just sending a smile :-)

the california guy said...

good to see a regular post--have fun.

Gail in N.H. said...

Glad to see you posting again. I second your Dads' comment.

Ms. ~K said...

I'm so glad to see tht you are home and improving...
I remember the first time I saw cotton grass in AK, I picked some to show my first grade student back in Georgia. They loved it, until it dried up and fell apart.
Take care of yourself,
Kit