Bree and I are stuck at work. It is an armegeddon of frikkin' white here. The wind is blowing at 50 to 60 mph and it's snowing hard. I can't see the fence across the street. In Antartica they call this "Condition 1", here we call it one gnarly ass storm.
See it live here... http://www.otz.net/webcam1.html
The school district pulled their little trick of waiting until after 1pm to cancel school so that they won't have to make the day up....but if you ask me, this time they were REALLY pushing it. This storm is truly dangerous even here within town. There are lots of peopel still stuck at work.
So I was still able to see enough to drive to the school and get my mom and son and take them home. I was thinking about just staying home but Maniilaq hadn't cancelled work yet so I went back. Dumb, dumb, dumb. So I go back ato work and sit down at my desk for a while and the email comes in saying Maniilaq was closing. Well that was nice, but too late. It really started to snow and the wind was gusting to 60 and you literally cannot see 10 feet in front of you.
I'd consider walking home...with the wind at my back it is do-able...BUT...I am afraid some yahoo in a truck or snowmachine is gonna mow me down. So I guess I'll wait.