I am recycling this from my Facebook page. It took so long to write it seemed a shame not to use it again here.
25 Random Things About Cathy
1. I hate raisins. I hate the way they look, I hate the way they taste and I especially hate the way they smell. I hate the way people feel the need to contaminate perfectly lovely foods with raisins such as cinnamon rolls, cookies, and rice. I mean, I can't just pick the raisins out of a cinnamon roll because I can still SMELL that they were there.
2. My favorite drink is Diet Pepsi. I could drink it all day if I let myself.
3. I have Attention Deficit Disorder. No joke. I was diagnosed as a young child. I am still very ADD. I forget things all the time. You can remind me of something and I will literally forget 3 minutes later. I even set my cell phone to remind me to pick my son up from school every day! Sad.
4. When I was in 1st grade, we had a teacher named Mrs. Emory who I swear came from the dark ages. There were "Good Bunnies" and "Bad Bunnies". Good Bunnies got candy. Bad Bunnies got to spend the day in a cardboard box. I remember one time me and I think Jimmy Zarta got in trouble in the lunch room for refusing to eat some particularly yucky thing on our tray. Do you remember that Jimmy??
5. I am terrible with names and faces. I think this has to do with the ADD. After I meet people casually I almost always immediately forget their name. Sometimes I even forget their face. I have people walk up to me and say "Hi cathy!", and I will have absolutely no idea who they are or how I know them. It's embarrassing.
6. When driving or walking down a road at night I like to see into people's windows. I like see what their house looks like and wonder who they are and what their life is like. Is that creepy??
7. I swear I can spend three and a half hours straight in Walmart or Target and not even know where the time went. I think, because I live in the Bush and don't have access to big stores I go into some kind of "stuff trance". I get overwhelmed by all the stuff and wander aimlessly looking at things.
8. I hate math! I am absolutely terribly awful at math. Enough said.
9. Whenever I'm getting ready to fly to Anchorage I always make these long, elaborate shopping lists, and then I always forget them at home.
10. I cannot type without looking at the keyboard. I am filled with envy when I see people blissfully typing away while looking at the computer screen. Show offs. My typing teacher in high school used to tell me I would be sorry for peeking at my hands in class. You were right Ms. Ballou....I am very, very, sorry!
11. I do not attach to people easily. I am a friendly person, and have people who I am friendly with, but I can count my closest, trusted friends on one hand with room to spare and to them I am fiercely loyal.
12. I hate Dr. Pepper, Cherry Coke, Cherry Pepsi, Maraschino cherries, cherry cough drops or anything else that has that yucky fake cherry flavor.......but I love fresh cherries.
13. I am not a grudge holder. Even when someone REALLY pisses me off and I blow up at them I am usually good by the next day. Even when someone hurts my feelings I can't hold a grudge.
14. I have had 5 surgeries on my left knee since January of 2003.
First, a lateral partial menisecomy, medial meniscal repair, and ACL reconstruction with cadaver allograft. Second, medial meniscal repair. Third , another meniscal repair. Fourth, another ACL and a Lateral reconstruction both with cadaver allograft... Lather, rinse and... Fifth, REPEAT.
15. I once met Sean Penn. It was on the train from Anchorage to Fairbanks. He was filming footage for Into the Wild. Sean Penn is an ass with entitlement issues.
16. I do not own any dresses or skirts. I haven't for years.
17. I love show tunes, especially Andrew Lloyd Webber. I saw Cats and Aspects of Love on Broadway and I have seen Jesus Christ Superstar three times. I have a big long play list of show tunes on my ipod.
18. I have always been terrible at journals but I decided to start a blog as a way to post photos for family and friends who live far away. That was almost 2 years ago and somehow it has become much more than that.
19. I love my dogs. I even let Kaija sleep on the bed.
20.I never set out to be a "photographer". I just liked to take photos and never dreamed that I would ever make money at it. Actually I still don't really make any money at it cause, dang, it's an expensive hobby.
21. The greatest person I have ever known is my Gramma Nella who died when I was 16. She was the nicest person I have ever met. She never had an unkind word to say about anyone. If a hornet got into the house she would catch it gently in her hands, careful not to hurt it, and let it outside.
22. I have a cousin named "Karen" who moved away when I was very young. I barely remember her,and have actually seen her only a few times. Sometimes I think that I have become another "Karen" in my family who lives way out in Alaska. The one who is seen only once a year and is out of the loop. Sometimes that's a bummer.
23. I was born in "America's First Resort" and raised in "Peyton Place".
24. I love to read. I like all different kinds of books, but if it doesn't hook me in by about the 20th page it goes back on the shelf. I think I have tried to read "I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb about 4 times and it always ends up on the shelf.
25. I liked Twilight even though I am ashamed to say it. It is the book I hate to love. It was corny and full of purple prose but still it was strangely compelling. However, each successive book got progressively worse until it took me a week to recover from the resulting brain damage the reading of Breaking Dawn gave me.