Friday, May 23, 2008

Google MD

I seem to have come down with a cold. That's not surprising seeing that it has been a few months since I was sick. I had intentions of going to bed early last night but that never happened. I ended up watching TV most of the night laying in bed coughing and feeling sorry for myself. At around 12:30am I happened to look out the window and see a beautiful sunset. I fell back and pulled the covers over my head telling myself that there will be a hundred beautiful sunsets to come this summer......but I couldn't let it go. I headed out to take some pics. Here are a few that were taken at approximately 1 am.....


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



So I woke up this morning and immediately needed to suck on my inhaler. The cold hadn't improved. I stepped off the edge of the bed and a terrible burning pain in my instep shot up my leg. Geez what the heck is that? I literally could not walk on my left foot. I hobbled/hopped/crawled my way downstairs to the computer to look up my latest malady. Being the professional Google Doctor that I am I have diagnosed myself with Posterior Tibial Tendonitis. No, really, I think that is what it is. If that's true I am pretty much screwed because it's one of those things that you basically can't do anything about. The recommendations are rest, ice, and arch supports. Well, it's either that or something equally mysterious and technical sounding. This really cramps my style, especially since I am leaving on vacation in 9 days.

2 comments:

RunninL8 said...

Wow!!! What a gorgeous sunset!!!
Hope you are feeling better soon!
If you just woke up with the leg thing out of the blue it could just be a tight muscle

Becky said...

Oh, man...that is sooo glorious and beautiful! Totally worth your having gotten up if you ask me!

Sorry to hear you're feeling so yuck.

I've had periodic bouts with plantars faceitis (I think I spelled that wrong, but it's pronounced fashitis), which sounds like what you described (shooting arch pain in the mornings or after sitting for long periods of time which causes you to hobble). However, that usually affects both feet at the same time, and comes after long periods of very little exercize with sudden bursts of strenuous exercize (which in my case involved hiking). My condition, I have learned, can also be aggrivated by a magnesium deficiency (this is especially true if you end up with heel spurs, too) and improper stretching before any out of the ordinary exercize. When I'm suffering from it, I usually only notice it after I've been sitting or sleeping, and it sort of wears off during the day. Shoes with good arch support help me get over it much more readily.

In any case, I'll be praying you're feeling better soon. It'd be a real bummer for it to affect your vacation. Are you all going home to visit your family?