13. 24 hours of daylight from mid April to mid August. I wake up out at camp and don't know if it's 2am or 2pm...who cares!
12. No snakes! Not one. No fleas either...at least not in the arctic. My dog is happy about that.
11. The Noatak River.
9. We have the best ice fishing ever. Where else can you go ice fishing and catch a three and a half foot long, 25 pound fish at 10pm in broad daylight??
8. The Northern Lights! We have plenty of dark in the winter to watch them.
7. No light polution. At night the stars are so bright. I never new there were than many stars in the sky til I moved to Alaska.
6. Caribiou hunting season is 12 months long...at least it is in the Northwest Arctic.
5. The Iditarod.
4. No state income tax.
3. This year the Stat of Alaska paid me $1,654 just to live here....me and everyone else in my household....and every other man, woman or child who has lived in the state at least one year. Next year it will be more (we hope).
2. Miles and miles of remote wilderness.
1. Our Governor is hotter than your Governor.