Friday, March 21, 2008

More Photos of Juneau

Here are some more pictures from my trip to Juneau last month. I figured instead of posting them all at once I would save them and post a few here and there for when I don't have anything else to share.


Photobucket
Here's a photo of downtown taken from the 7th floor of the Goldbelt Hotel. This hotel is old and nothing ffancy, but the view is nice.


Photobucket
This shot was taken from the North Douglas Highway on Douglas Island, looking over the the water to the Mendenhall Glacier.


Photobucket
One of the best things about Juneau isit has trees....


Photobucket
...lots and lots.....


Photobucket
...and lots of trees.


Photobucket
And glaciers.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful, Cathy! I think my favorite is the second one up of the trees with moss, and the snow on the ground. I would love to step into that scene. Reminds me of Narnia or something.

Anonymous said...

I miss Juneau. Haven't been there in winter time since 1982, and I really want to go. Thanks for all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

So, umm, are you suggesting that you don't have trees in Kotzebue? (You sounded really impressed by Juneau's trees.)