Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Storming

Photobucket
I took these photos on Saturday. I didn't take any pics today cause there was nothing to look at but sideways blowing snow.



Photobucket
It is definitely starting to look like a winter wonderland out there. This storm is supposed to last for a couple days.



Photobucket
It always warms up to storm. The last few days have been pretty cold, in the single digits, but not yet below zero. This morning when I woke up it was a fairly warm 20 degrees and the wind had picked up coming from the southeast.



Photobucket
Wind from the southeast is a storm wind. It brings us blizzards. Winds from the north bring a dry, biting cold. This storm is relatively minor, just an intro to winter. The more it snows and blows the more I love it. There is just something about a strong storm. I love the power of it. I love to stand outside and let the wind blow me around....that is until stray roofing tin gets ripped off buildings and flies through the air like a guillotine.



Photobucket
I'll try and take some stormy pics tomorrow...well I guess technically that would be today. I think I need to hit the hay.



Photobucket

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy, that second shot looks like a watercolor. Stay warm!

Kathleen Taylor said...

Such gorgeous pictures- thank you for sharing.