Monday, October 13, 2008

Fishing Fools

It's time for tomcod.


Photobucket
There are all sorts of happy hookers out on the ice fishing for tomcods.



Photobucket
As soo as the ice is strong enough people are out there hooking.


Photobucket
They were pulling a few out here and there.



Photobucket
The ice is just a few inches thick so all you need is a tuuk to chop through.



Photobucket
I like to hook for tomcods too, but my knee is too scary to be walking on glare thin ice. I would fall down for sure, but it is nice to see people out on the ice again having a good time.



Photobucket

.

3 comments:

Ishmael said...

That is some smooth water! Love the last shot! Better enter that into some photo contest or another.

Anonymous said...

I love the last photo too! (All the photos are great!) We don't hit the ice until about 4 to 6 inches here in the midwest. We rarely see 4+ inches of ice here anymore, the winters have just to warm. Take care of the leg before you hit that ice!

Cama

Finnskimo said...

I won't be going out on the water ANY TIME SOON...crazy people. I'll buy some of their tom cod! haha.