Saturday, June 20, 2009

Practice

.

Last night was Uyaana's first day of softball practice.




It is a good mix of kids.




Some played last year but some have never even held a bat.




This is Uyaana's first year playing so he has a lot to learn. Here Coach Ernie is showing him how far he should stand from the plate.




How to hold the bat. The kids are using a tee for this first practice. During the actual games the kids will get 3 tries to hit a pitched ball. If they miss all three they are allowed to hit off the tee.




OK kid, hit it over there.













.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! He has quite a swing!

Anonymous said...

Wow Cathy, He is all grown up!!!!

Cathy said...

I know...he is all grown up. He's going to be 10 in September. TEN!!! That means I am REALLY old too, lol.

Krystal said...

I'm so happy more remote towns in Alaska are starting to get the kiddos more involved with sports.

I've been getting my kids into track & field.