Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thursday Thirteen- My Favorite 80's Movies

I am a shameless child of the 80's. I love 80's music and I love 80's movies. Here are my 13 favorite....

13. Beetlejuice

12. The Lost Boys......I used to think that Corey Haim was sooooooo cute *gag*

11. Gleaming the Cube.....This movie is kind of lame but Christian Slater was in it and he was yummy.

10. Some Kind of Wonderful

9. Goonies....This is just classic, classic 80's.

8. Labyrinth

7. Sixteen Candles... "OH sexy girrrrrlfriennnd!"

6. Pretty in Pink. Shut up...I don't care what you say. This is a great movie.

5. Say Anything...In Your Eyes is just a bitchin' song. That movie has the all time Feel Good Girly Moment of the 80's where we all sighed and wished a boy would serenade us with Peter Gabriel in a boombox.

4. Better Off Dead...can you tell I like John Cusak. This movie is another classic.

3. Real Genius.......This was a funny movie, and VAL KILMER...need I say more.

2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off....This is an absolute classic. I love this movie, it is one of my guilty pleasures. If I am flipping channels and happen across Ferris I have to watch. I just can't help myself.

1. The Breakfast Club.....I don't know how anyone can argue with that.


16 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Ferris Bueller is one of my favorites too!

Hootin Anni said...

Love your 2nd movie [#2] and laughing at your comment behind pretty in pink.

My Thursday 13 is shared, hope to see you visit with me too.

Di said...

We are always making our kids watch 80's movies because they are SO GOOD!!! My faves include The Breakfast Club and St. Elmo's Fire.

Anonymous said...

Why don't I know any of them?

:D

Bloggers said...

Awesome movies. Me and my daughter spent the summer going to yard sales and thrift stores looking for 80's movies on video and we got all of these!! They are great.

Mamarazzi said...

some kind of wonderful is one of my all time faves!! the scene where he hands the earrings to his best friend in the street after the snooty girl gives them back...oh i love it!!

new to Thursday Thirteen. poking around other participants, trying to broaden my bloggy horizons.

Robin said...

Those are some great movies on there - Real Genius is definitely one of my favorites, and I'm fairly sure I can still quote entire passages from The Breakfast Club by heart LOL.

Malcolm said...

"Better Off Dead" has a lot of classic moments. This is my favorite line from the movie:

"Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Another Cusack film from the 80s that I enjoy is "One Crazy Summer".

EHT said...

Who couldn't love a guy like Ferris!?

Anonymous said...

great list!! I love all of the brat pack movies!

Anonymous said...

The only one I have seen is Beteljuice. I don't even think I've heard of the rest. But the 80s were a long time ago!

Robyn Jones said...

I like Pretty in Pink...(did I just write that?)

Tasina said...

Great list! I'll watch almost anything Brat Pack.

pussreboots said...

I still love The Goonies. Happy TT.

Melanie said...

Loved #2!!

Becky said...

Peter Gabriel, Ferris Bueller, The Goonies...Ahhh, the memories!