Monday, September 22, 2008

It Stinks to have a Bum Leg....

Photobucket
On a day like this. I went back to work today. Lets just say that it was a loooong day. By 4:30pm my knee was singing Ave Maria. By 5pm I was ready to go to bed, strap on the ice cuff and stay there until morning. When I got home I felt guilty for my poor neglected dogs so I took Kaija dog for a short run on the 4 wheeler (my motorized wheelchair). After that I got distracted by the dishes and cooking dinner. And then I got distracted by the barge order. Then a friend of mine stopped by and gave me part of a moose foreleg. I looked at that leg with at least 15 lbs of meat left on it and I just couldn't do it, I didn't have anything left in me so I passed it on to another friend. So finally I am in bed with the ice cuff strapped to my knee digesting 800 mgs of ibuprofen.



Photobucket
As I was saying, it was a beautiful day today. A crisp cool fall day. It's the kind of day that is perfect for picking cranberries. Unfortunately I don't think that walking over tundra is an approved activity 12 days post-op.



Photobucket
The days are getting shorter. After spending 9 days in Anchorage and then sleeping in since I got home, this morning was the first time I have been awake at 7:30 am in Kotzebue for about 2 weeks and boy was it dark. Not completely dark, but a heck of a lot darker than it was just a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't take long when we are losing over 7 minutes of light per day.



Photobucket
It was nice to be outside. I may not have been able to run around out in the country, but at least I got to enjoy a little bit of this beautiful day.

.

2 comments:

TwoYaks said...

I've been in a neigh identical situation. It's hard to stay off your knee, and slack off appropriately, but that'll speed up when your leg is all healed up, and you can be moving around like a darn fool again. :)
Thinking good thoughts in your direction!

Becky said...

I'll be praying your knee heals up soon. It's gotta be hard to stay off of it what with parenting and trying to get that barge order put away.

The fall photos are gorgeous. Loved the raven shots.