Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Home Again

I made it home yesterday. I'm still hanging in there. My leg is still swollen more than I think it should be and it hurts like a bugger. I keep it iced most of the time, even while sleeping. I have a Donjoy Iceman that circulates ice water into a cuff around my knee. It's great because each time you add ice it lasts for about 7 hours.

After the surgery they give you a list of exercises to do at home. The surgeon that I see does not refer you to professional physical therapy. Instead he has developed a series of exercises to do on your own at your own pace...which is a good thing because there are no physical therapists in Kotzebue.

I will be out of work until at least Monday. I'll see how I feel on Sunday and decide if I need to take more time off. I have definitely been catching up on a lot of tv watching. Kotzebue recently switched to digital cable and we have a bunch of new (mostly useless) channels. One of those Channels is VH1CR. It have been showing 80's videos for a couple hours now. I think this is going to be my new favorite channel.

My barge order came in while I was gone. I now have 900 lbs of groceries, laundry soap and bleach piled up all over the house that needs to be dealt with. Oh yeah, my new freezer arrived too. It is awesome. It even has a little digital temperature thingie on the door and an alarm that goes off if someone leaves the door open. I'm so glad that I don't have to dig through that chest freezer anymore. You should see that dates on some of the stuff we found on the bottom. The dogs will be eating well for a while.

5 comments:

Becky said...

Prayers for the knee and a quick healing...and YAY for the freezer!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. And welcome, new freezer!

CD

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Sounds kinda like the bottom of our chest freezer (note to self; eat those pack of lamb chops at the bottom SOON).

CabinDweller said...

Here's to a speedy recovery - I miss doing a barge order.

Anonymous said...

Hope the swelling goes down soon. Glad to hear you are home! Sending you some healing vibes!
Cama