Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Springtime

I haven't written here in a while. Well, I did say that I wasn't very good at journals. It's not that I forget, it's just that a lot of times I feel like I don't have anything interesting to say. I suppose that just because I don't think somethind is interesting doesn't mean that someone else wouldn't, so I should probably just write.

Spring is here finally! The gravel roads are turning first to slush as the 8 inches of packed ice and snow melts off and then to mud revealing all the massive potholes. There are huge deep puddles all over that freeze over at night and open back up during the day. I saw two seagulls yesterday!! A sure sign of spring when the seagulls return. We took the clients from work fishing today. All we caught were tomcods but it was fun to get out into the sun. I went to bed last night and 10:30pm last night and the sun was shining merrily in my window. Isn't spring great?

I was in Anchorage april 18th-21st for a conference. It was nice to get off the gravel spit for a while. Did a lot of grocery shopping. My friend Bree didn't have any checked baggage so she checked three boxes for me. I came home with about 300 pounds of stuff. I bought a Costco membership. That bugger cost $50. I figured it doesn't really matter since up here we can drop $50 on ordering out dinner without batting an eyelash, I might as well spend $50 on something that will last a year. I love Costco. I can spend three hours in there...just like walmart. The problem is with all that stuff I seem to get overstimulated and I lose my train of thought on what I need and end up wandering around looking at stuff. After a couple of days of shopping I get really burnt out on stuff and people and I am ready to head back to the bush.

I have some new pictures and a video that I want to post, but I have to find my camera cord first....it's around here somewhere. When I find it I will post them.

I have to get ready for work. It's 8am, I think that the thingy on my blog that tells the time of my post is messed up a bit. Also the blog's date stamp and the head of each post is correct, but the archive list on the left side of the page says 2006 and I am not sure why.

No comments: